Booking Terms & Conditions
please note these current T&Cs are for bookings made directly with our office or via our website and replace all and any previously advised and are subject to change until the booking is paid in full
Booking Terms & Conditions
Hibiscus Resort & Spa accepts bookings in accordance with the following terms & conditions and reserves the right to refuse service and cancel any reservation that does not adhere to the following:
· You must be at least 18 years old to make a reservation.
· A valid credit card and photo ID will be required prior to check in.
Deposit Required: A non-refundable deposit of $200.00 is charged at time of reservation to secure the booking. Please note that any applicable credit card transaction fees do not form part of the deposit payment and are charged in addition to the requested deposit amount.
Balance Payment: The total cost of your expected accommodation is required 14 days prior to arrival for low season bookings and 30 days prior to arrival for high/mid/peak season bookings (including Easter school holidays/June to November and Christmas/New Year school holidays and any local events). Please note that any applicable credit card transaction fees do not form part of the balance payment and are charged in addition to the requested balance amount.
Credit Card Payments: We accept Visa, Mastercard & Amex and a 1.5% credit card transaction fee applies. All credit card transaction fees are non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
Progress Payments: Must be paid by BPay only. The final payment must be completed by the balance due date.
NB: If deposit or balance payment is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel the booking and any payments received to date will be forfeited.
Travel Insurance: We strongly recommend you take out appropriate travel insurance and include cover for cancellation should you need to unexpectedly amend/cancel your travel plans. You may be able to claim for loss of deposit & cancellation fees applicable according to these terms and conditions.
All amendments must be received in writing to our office via email email@example.com and cannot be confirmed by our front office staff by phone. Once actioned you will receive written confirmation of the amendment and the charge of the amendment administration fee from our office.
- For amendments within 3 days of your original booking date there is no amendment administration fee incurred. Please note if you cancel your booking at this point the $200 non refundable deposit will be forfeited.
- For amendments prior to the balance due date, you will incur a $50 amendment administration fee. This is charged at the time of actioning the amendment.
- For amendments after the balance due date, this will constitute a cancellation of the original booking and the cancellation policy will apply.
Please note that any amendments are subject to availability, and new rates will be applied for the new dates. Rates may differ for future dates. No promotions/special offers can be honoured if they are no longer for sale at the time of amendment.
All cancellations must be received in writing to our office via email firstname.lastname@example.org and cannot be confirmed by our front office staff by phone. Once actioned you will receive written confirmation of the cancellation and any applicable cancellation fees from our office.
Cancellation fees will be applied from date of written notification being received.
Cancellations prior to the balance due date will be charged a $200 cancellation administration fee. Should you cancel your reservation after your balance due date 100% cancellation fee applies.
- For cancellations prior to the balance due date, the non-refundable deposit will be retained as a $200 cancellation administration fee. This fee covers the costs of processing the booking eg, making, receipting, and holding the booking and banking the money, cancelling the booking from the system, processing and meeting bank charges and auditing regulations. Any other deposit monies received over $200 shall be refunded to you or retained as hotel credit towards a future booking. All credit card transaction fees are non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
- For cancellations after the balance due date the monies paid will be forfeited and 100% of the full amount will be charged as a cancellation administration fee. This cover the unlikely event that we will be able to replace the cancelled booking at such short notice. All credit card transaction fees are non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
- ‘No Show’, ‘Late Check In’ or ‘Early Departure’ for any reason incurs the full accommodation cost of the original reservation. There is no refund for unused nights.
- Should any cancellations be part of a package or include tours/transfers booked by us on your behalf prior to your arrival, further cancellation charges or administration fees may be applicable for these extra components as charged by the supplier.
- This cancellation policy does NOT apply to special discounted or promotional rates that were advertised as fully non-refundable, please refer to email confirmation that will be specific to your booking.
Cancellation fees apply to all cancellations for any reason including, but is not limited to, change of mind, any illness (including Covid-19) or injury, flight/transportation cancellations or amendments, or any other third-party arrangement made that may affect your stay with us.
Number of Guests: Please be aware that reception will require the exact number of guests staying in an apartment at Hibiscua Resort & Spa to be confirmed on check-in. This will ensure we have the correct number of guests in house should we need to evacuate the resort in an emergency. All guests signing registration cards on check-in must be 18 years or above.
Damage to Apartment/Breakages: The guest who registers at check-in/arrival will be held accountable for any damage to the apartment and contents during the stay dates. The registered guest will be liable for damages caused (including those by third parties visiting the apartment) which will result in forfeiting any deposits, pre-payment, cash security deposit and may be subject to additional charges. We reserve the right to process any charges in addition to accommodation to the presented credit card supplied at check-in/arrival.
Apartment Allocation: Apartments reserved in each reservation are guaranteed within the category reserved, specific apartment numbers and floor allocations and outlooks are subject to availability upon check-in and cannot be guaranteed. Higher and/or upgraded apartment types need to be reserved at time of reservation to be guaranteed. If for any reason the apartment type reserved is no longer available at time of check-in/arrival, Hibiscus Resort & Spa will provide a substituted apartment of equal or greater value and standard at the same rate confirmed. In extreme cases we may have to provide a substituted apartment at a lower standard or value in which case the nightly rate will be adjusted to reflect this. In the unlikely case of Hibiscus Resort & Spa having to relocate guests to a nearby apartment or hotel of similar standard we will offer transportation to the alternate accommodation and cover the cost of this arranged accommodation or alternatively offer a full refund to allow the guest to choose alternate accommodation of their choice. Please note that there is a limited availability of guest rooms with twin bedding. Interconnecting rooms are not available at HIbiscus Resort & Spa.
No Show: Should you not arrive as expected for your reservation you will be deemed a no show and your booking will be released and you will forfeit all monies and payments, as we have held the room for your arrival and we will be unable to resell the room at such short notice.
Early Departures: On check in you will be asked to confirm your departure date. Should you then vacate your apartment and not fulfil your nights as expected no refunds will be given for any unused nights, as we are unable to resell rooms with this short notice.
Cash Policy: The minimum cash security deposit required (in additional to the full accommodation charge) is $500. The cash security deposit will be refunded after an inspection of the apartment by a hotel representative has been conducted and the apartment is deemed in the same condition at the time of check-in/arrival.